A garden sprayer is an essential tool for any gardener who wants a beautiful garden and lawn and with less work.
Garden sprayers work by applying anything from simple water, nutritious fertilizer, to protective pesticides, quickly, easily, and in an even coat. With just the click of a button, you can say goodbye to carrying around a heavy garden hose or watering can.
With a sprayer, you can be confident that after each application, every blade and petal in your garden will have everything it needs to flourish.
Durable, resistant, and with many including accessories and nozzle attachments, high-quality garden sprayers are a life-long investment for your garden and will suit every size and kind of garden, lawn, or flower bed.
Sprayers come in all different shapes and sizes, and all are very easy to use, assemble and store. With that said, there is a lot of choice on the market.
To make things even easier for you, we have 10 garden sprayer reviews for you to compare. We’re confident you’ll find the sprayer that suits you best below.
- The 10 Best Garden Sprayers:
- 1. Chapin 1 Gallon Multi-Purpose Sprayer with Adjustable Nozzles
- 2. VIVOSUN 1.3 Gallon Lawn and Garden Pump Pressure Sprayer with Pressure Relief Valve
- 3. Chapin 2-Gallon Premier Series Stainless Steel Garden Sprayer
- 4. Smith Performance Sprayers 2-Gallon Compression Sprayer
- 5. ITISLL 1 Gallon Garden Pump Sprayer
- 6. Deck & Home 2 Gallon Universal Sprayer
- 7. Roundup 2 Gallon Lawn and Garden Sprayer
- 8. Futone 2.0 Gallon Garden Sprayer and Adjustable Shoulder Strap
- 9. Smith 1 Gallon Garden Sprayer
- 10. TABOR TOOLS 1.3 Gallon Garden Sprayer with Shoulder Strap
- Garden Sprayer Buyer’s Guide
The 10 Best Garden Sprayers:
1. Chapin 1 Gallon Multi-Purpose Sprayer with Adjustable Nozzles
Achieve great results in your garden in half the time, with this high-quality garden sprayer from Chapin.
This sprayer comes with two impressive nozzles and is ideal for weed and pest control as well as applying fertilizers.
- The first is a foaming nozzle that uses less material but with more accuracy. Areas sprayed with foam have longer and better surface contact.
- The second nozzle is an adjustable cone that has numerous spray patterns including mist and coarse sprays, for incredible versatility.
A lightweight, rust-free polyethylene tank allows you to see how much material is left at all times, and a wide funnel top allows for easy filling, cleaning and reduces accidental spills.
With an in-tank anti-clog filter, this sprayer is compatible with common fertilizers, weed killers, and pesticides. Weighing just 2.4 lbs., the sprayer’s ergonomic handle allows for easy pumping and carrying, without the risk of hand fatigue or sore joints.
Lastly, a host of accessories are included with this purchase, including a 12-inch wand, 32-inch hosing, and comfortable spray handle.
- Anti-clog filter and rust-free polyethylene tank
- Adjustable nozzles allow for a variety of spraying
- 12-inch wand and 32-inch hose
2. VIVOSUN 1.3 Gallon Lawn and Garden Pump Pressure Sprayer with Pressure Relief Valve
Spraying will be so easy (and so much fun), thanks to this impressive pump pressure sprayer from VIVOSUN.
This sprayer is suitable for both indoor and outdoor uses and comes with an adjustable nozzle with two modes (spray and jet). It also comes with a 56.5 cm watering wand to access all those hard-to-reach areas.
This sprayer is all about comfort and convenience. A huge bowl mouth and funnel design mean you can fill this sprayer with no mess or spills.
A heavy-duty shoulder strap together with a comfort-grip handle means you will always be supported when spraying. The handle also features a shut-off valve, which allows you to carry the sprayer over your shoulder whilst still keeping a constant flow.
A safety valve design helps stabilize the pressure inside the sprayer and allows you to use it more safely. After use, lift and let off excess gas to extend its service life immeasurably. Thickened plastic significantly improves the durability and stability of the sprayer.
You can easily check the fluid levels at all times thanks to a translucent bottle with a calibration scale.
- Can be used both indoor and outdoor
- Translucent bottle with calibration scale allows you to check material at all times
- Thickened plastic for increased durability
- 56.6cm wand for hard-to-reach places
3. Chapin 2-Gallon Premier Series Stainless Steel Garden Sprayer
Made with high-quality materials, this multipurpose garden sprayer from Chapin is incredibly efficient and long-lasting.
We love that the sprayer has a brass nozzle with four spray settings, which allows for greater versatility in how you spray; including a fine mist mode or coarse stream.
The tank is made of stainless steel and has a funnel top design. The 4-inch mouth ensures easy filling and cleaning with no spills! A brass shut-off with a lock-on feature will allow you to spray without having to keep your hand pressed on the lever, reducing the chance of hand fatigue.
This sprayer can be used with common fertilizers, weed killers, and pesticides and so will be a great multipurpose sprayer for all your needs.
The sprayer is also made with viton seals and gaskets. Viton is a high-quality material that has increased chemical resistances, thus ensuring your sprayer lasts the test of time and has an extended service life.
- Compatible with fertilizers, weed killers, and pesticides
- Different spray modes increase versatility
- Viton seals increase chemical resistance for longer service life
- Brass shut-off with lock-on feature for continued spraying
4. Smith Performance Sprayers 2-Gallon Compression Sprayer
Whether it’s applying fertilizers or spraying troublesome weeds, this 2-gallon garden sprayer is an effective tool for any garden in any situation.
First, let’s talk about it’s high-quality, impressive design. With an emphasis on chemical resistance, a nickel-plated brass poppet gives this sprayer added strength and precision.
An in-line, easy-to-access filter has more surface area than leading competitors which reduces clogging and minimizes cleaning
Viton seals offer the best chemical resistance to chemicals commonly used in pesticides and insecticides, ensuring your sprayer will last the test of time whatever the job is.
We also love this sprayer’s pressure release valve, which not only prevents over-compression but also helps prevent accidental chemical spills on you and your clothing as you open it.
A 21-inch stainless steel wand with exclusive poly lining allows you to spray in any hard-to-reach area. Multiple nozzles offer incredible versatility, including a high-foaming nozzle, wide flat fan nozzle, and stream patterns.
Lastly, this sprayer comes with a nylon shoulder strap for increased comfort and convenience. And with a highly efficient pump, this sprayer requires 25% fewer pumps per gallon than leading competitors.
- Built-in protective nozzle storage
- Tear-drop shape lowers the center of gravity, reducing the chance of tipping over.
- Viton seals and gaskets for added resistance and durability
- Easy to access filters have reduced clogging and maintenance
- Lock-on feature to reduce hand fatigue
- 21-inch stainless steel wand for hard-to-reach areas
5. ITISLL 1 Gallon Garden Pump Sprayer
Whether it’s watering vegetables and fruit or maintaining moss and pesky weeds, this pump sprayer from ITISLL is built to last and solve all your spraying problems.
This sprayer comes with a high-quality brass nozzle which can be adjusted to a fine mist spray depending on the area or job. The sprayer is also equipped with a comfortable 50-inch hose and extended 19-inch spray stick, which helps you spray in hard-to-reach areas.
The main structure of the sprayer has wear-resistant seals, rings, and anti-clogging filters for easy, stress-free maintenance and leak-proof use. This also ensures you can use harsher chemicals and fluids without causing any damage to the sprayer.
Made from high-quality PE material, this sprayer allows you to always see clearly how much liquid is remaining at all times, thanks to its translucent fluid tank. With a safety valve, pressure will automatically be relieved when it reaches above a threshold.
The handle is ergonomically designed with a locking trigger to reduce hand fatigue by allowing you to continuously spray over a long period. Additionally, an adjustable shoulder strap makes this sprayer comfortable to hold and use, and allows you to walk and spray on-the-go.
- 50-inch hose and extended 19-inch spray stick for hard to reach areas
- Ergonomically designed handle with locking trigger
- Impressive safety valve which regulates the pressure
- Comes with complimentary spare parts
- This sprayer is not suitable for corrosive or strongly acidic solutions
6. Deck & Home 2 Gallon Universal Sprayer
Whether it’s killing weeds, feeding your plants, or controlling those pesky pests, this sprayer from Deck & Home promises to be the solution for all your gardening needs.
The signature feature of this sprayer is the highly efficient pump, which requires 25% fewer pumps per gallon than other competing sprayers. It also comes with 4 nozzles for ultimate versatility and high performance and allows you to tailor your spraying to the individual needs of your garden.
A comfortable grip together with a lockable shut-off helps to reduce hand fatigue by allowing you to spray continuously. And weighing just 3 lbs., it is incredibly lightweight and easy to carry for longer periods.
Viton seals and gaskets are used throughout the pump and provide essential chemical resistance, ensuring a long service life even when using strong, harsh materials.
We also love that this sprayer features an easy, no-spill funnel top to ensure maximum material is used by the sprayer.
- An efficient pump requires 25% fewer pumps per gallon
- Lockable shut-off allows for continuous spraying
- Viton seals and gaskets for added resistance and durability
- 4 nozzles allow for greater versatility in how you spray
7. Roundup 2 Gallon Lawn and Garden Sprayer
Save time and energy with this high-quality garden sprayer from Roundup.
With an efficient pumping system, this sprayer requires 25% fewer strokes for the same performance as other sprayers on the market.
This sprayer features an incredibly comfortable grip with a lock-on feature that dramatically reduces hand fatigue by allowing for a continuous spray. And with a 15-inch wand made of durable aluminum, it can spray any hard-to-reach place with ease.
This sprayer includes 3 nozzles which will suit a variety of tasks, including poly adjustable (solid stream to fine mist), a high volume flat fan, and a low flat fan.
When it’s time to refill, the pressure release cap safely releases the pressure down, preventing accidental chemical spray. It also features an easy-to-fill, no-spill funnel top which prevents spills.
Lastly, this sprayer can be assembled in just one simple step, allowing you to get to work immediately.
- The 15-inch wand is made of durable aluminum
- The lock-on feature allows for continuous spraying
- Easy-to-fill, no-spill funnel top which prevents spills
- 3 nozzles are included for a variety of different spraying options
- Premium seals ensure leak-free use
8. Futone 2.0 Gallon Garden Sprayer and Adjustable Shoulder Strap
This high-quality garden sprayer has all the features you need to tend to your garden efficiently and effectively.
Firstly, this sprayer has a sturdy, non-corrosive design that promises years of service. The pressure relief protection valve automatically vents pressure out to eliminate the risk of bursting, making it an incredibly safe sprayer to use.
It’s also an incredibly user-friendly sprayer, with an adjustable shoulder strap that allows you to easily carry the sprayer around. It has a lightweight and compact design, weighing only 3.14 lbs.
A lock-in handle allows for continuous spraying from a nozzle which has a multitude of spraying modes, including mist and power-mode.
With a 22.5-inch rod handle, you’ll be able to spray in hard-to-reach places. The tank’s translucent design also means you’ll know how much material is left and when a refill is necessary.
- 22.5-inch rod handle allows you to spray hard-to-reach places
- The lock-on feature allows for continuous spraying
- The non-corrosive design promises long-lasting use
- Adjustable strap is convenient
9. Smith 1 Gallon Garden Sprayer
Easy to use and highly effective, this garden sprayer from D.B.Smith is the full package and will reduce your gardening workload tremendously.
First, this sprayer features a no-spill funnel top to prevent any spillages. A see-thru tank with fill markings allows you to always see how much material is left before refills are needed.
The sprayer uses a highly efficient pump that requires fewer strokes for the same spray action. It includes a poly adjustable nozzle which gives you a lot of variety in how you want to apply the material, including stream to cone modes with just a simple switch.
Viton seals and gaskets mean this sprayer is non-corrosive, and so will not be damaged by harsh chemicals or materials and ensures years of service.
And with a premium shut-off feature and 36 inches long reinforced hose, this sprayer can also be locked-on to spray continuously.
Lastly, because this sprayer assembles in just one easy step, you can get to work almost immediately.
- Viton seals and gaskets increase chemical resistance for longer service life
- 36-inch-long reinforced hose included
- 15-inch wand
- The nozzle has different modes including stream and code
10. TABOR TOOLS 1.3 Gallon Garden Sprayer with Shoulder Strap
Designed to dramatically reduce time spent spraying, this garden 1.3-gallon garden sprayer from TABOR Tools promises years of continued use.
First, a funnel-top opening allows for easy, no fuss, and no mess filling. Simply unscrew, fill to the required level and close the lid.
This sprayer features secured seals and o-rings, and together with a spray filter, it has a significantly reduced chance to clog. The translucent bottle also means you can always check fluid levels throughout your work.
Enjoy better reach with the help of a 16.5-inch wand. Together with a 50” long reinforced hosing and a shoulder strap, this sprayer is easy to use and comfortable to hold.
The comfort-grip handle has a shut-off valve, so you can rest your hand while keeping a constant flow. And an adjustable spray nozzle means you can change how the sprayer works depending on the job.
- Translucent polyethylene for durability and easy viewing of liquid levels
- Shut-off valve to close the flow using the comfortable handle
- 50” long reinforced hose and 16.5” wand included
- Not suitable for caustic or acidic solutions.
Garden Sprayer Buyer’s Guide
With so much great choice, it can be difficult to decide which garden sprayer is the best choice for you.
For that reason, we’ve put together some simple tips and advice you should keep in mind.
Easy to repair and monitor
Firstly, the best sprayers should be easy to repair and monitor. In particular, be on the lookout for:
- Translucent tanks allow you to see how much fluid is left before a refill is needed. They also let you monitor for clogs and blockages in your system.
- Filters help prevent blockages and clean your sprayer.
- Safety valves help stabilize the pressure inside the sprayer
- Spare parts and accessories which you can use to repair the sprayer
- Easy-assembly sprayers are often more practical and possible to fix at home,
Water? Fertilizer? Pesticide? Or does it matter?
When buying a new tool, it’s always useful to think of how you’ll use it to decide which one fits best.
But the best garden sprayers all have one thing in common – they are so versatile.
That’s because many of them come with adjustable nozzles that with a simple twist, they allow you to spray material in a variety of different ways.
A versatile sprayer will ensure you can do all 3 efficiently, so long as it is made of strong, resistant materials.
Strong, durable materials essential
The stronger the materials that make up the sprayer, the longer it will last.
Additionally, with strong materials, your sprayer can hold any kind of fluid, including harsh or acidic solutions. So what makes a sprayer extra resistant?
One of the main sources of this strength is a material called Viton.
Viton is a synthetic rubber commonly used in seals and molds because of its flexibility, durability, and strength. Viton suffers less from decay and is highly impermeable to strong solvents.
For this reason, a sprayer with viton can hold more potent solutions and fluids, and ensure a leak-proof spray.
Capacity – what size is enough?
The larger the capacity, the more material your sprayer can hold.
This is especially important to consider if you have a very large lawn or garden, where extra capacity will make a huge difference in managing your time more efficiently.
As a general guide, the sprayers we’ve reviewed range in capacity from 1 to 2 gallons, which is sizeable amount of material.
If you do have a large area to spray, it’s wise to pick a garden sprayer which comes with an adjustable shoulder belt or that you can carry on your back, so that you can comfortably move around whilst spraying for long periods.
Whether your lawn is in need of some TLC, or a flower bed needs a coat of fertilizer or pesticide, garden sprayer will be your new best-friend.
They saving you time, money and energy and make managing your garden feel effortless. You will never need to drag a garden hose around, or refill that watering can for the 20th time ever again!
With just a simple button press, garden sprayer gets to work in an instant. The best garden sprayer is a lifelong investment, durable and resistant enough to last year on year.
So when you make your choice, you should feel confident that your garden will benefit from your decision for years, and years to come.